Application Information - Check back early in 2015.
Students are eligible to apply to the UMBC MARC U*STAR Trainee Program if they:
- Attend UMBC full-time with a major related to the biomedical sciences (such as Biological Sciences, Bioinformatics & Computational Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Biopsychology, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, or an approved Interdisciplinary Studies Major)
- Have a minimum of 60 college credits by June 1, 2014
- Have a 3.2 GPA each semester and a cumulative GPA of 3.2 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Plan to pursue a Ph.D. and a career in biomedical or behavioral research or mathematics
- Demonstrate an interest in the diversification of the biomedical research workforce.
- Are citizens, noncitizen nationals or permanent residents of the United States
- Agree to fulfill all program requirements including a sustained research project with an approved mentor from UMBC or another approved local research facility throughout the academic year